- If you are the parent of a student in GOAL during the 2017-18 year, we would like to hear from you. Please take a survey by clicking here and share your perceptions and child’s experiences. The survey was devised by and will be returned to NAPAGE, not the North Allegheny School District. Please take a separate survey for each child you have in GOAL. Results are confidential and only aggregates will be shared in future NAPAGE meetings and with NA administration.
DID YOU KNOW?
- A Parent may request that his/her student be evaluated for the gifted (GOAL) program in any grade, K-12 by putting that request in writing and submitting it to the student’s school counselor. A student who does not qualify for GOAL may be retested during another school year by the same process.
MIDDLE SCHOOL DAY
- Changes are likely coming to the Middle School Day. The committee tasked with proposing the changes gave their presentation to the NA School Board on Jan 17, 2018. Click here to see the presented power point.
See the November, 2017 Power Point Presentation by Susan Oliverio, PhD titled Gifted Social Emotional without images
NAPAGE is a parent support/advocacy group. We are the North Allegheny chapter of the Pennsylvania Association for Gifted Education (PAGE). PAGE is a nonprofit advocacy group dedicated to helping gifted learners, parents and educators. You can visit their website at www.giftedpage.org for more information.
NAPAGE’s mission is to advocate for and support gifted children and their families in the North Allegheny School District. We accomplish this by:
- Providing parent representation to NA’s Gifted Advisory Committee (GAC and SEAC)
- Sharing experiences, concerns and successes
- Proactively addressing issues that arise
- Encouraging the use of best practices in gifted education